Name:
Location: Adelaide, S.A., Australia

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Well today was an interesting one, I spent the morning reading my book about a young Midwife in Europe in the 1600's, until it was time for me to go to work. When I walked in, however, the place was in darkness, the only light coming through the small front window, and from several pillar candles along the counter. Though it sounds totally weird I felt like I was in a timewarp, no electricity, and when I went around the back there was that smell, kind of putrid, the smell of rain mixed with rubbish mixed with plants. Anyway, the power was out in our shop and a couple of other close by, including the local cafe - a lot of stressed, caffeine needing people, with the cafe not being able to provide was fun - it seems the inner person comes out, bitchin' indeed. At least the people I had always perceived as good and kind people remained the same.
The power finally came back on at about 3:30 and we were faced with music and light for the first time all day, and I can tell you I dont think I have ever been more pleased to hear Alicia Keys singing 'Fallin' - sad as it is - there was dancing.
This bliss however was not to last... the generator that ETSA plunked in the laneway conked out before 5 so the last half hour of trading was barely worth it.
Also, there needs to be a bitch about Telstra - which should DIE!! To the person who sent me a picture message this afternoon at a bout 4 o'clock - I still havent got it! I have an ancient crappy phone not PXT capable and Telstra obviously no longer cares for people like me, and therefore i cannot see it...although I am beginning to think that the msg was sent to me by accident...which is sucky

On a happier note, my parents gave me an early Christmas prezzie - A TICKET TO GREENDAY! Yeah well I'm excited!
Also, I have a phantom pain, I mean I have alot of pain, but i can surmise the roots of these pains, however the pain in my finger is weird and unexplained. Its really bad...
Also, now I have a pain in my butt, but that is because I am sitting on the floor and have been for the past hour - to which I say, I should go to bed, I am working a nine hour shift tomorrow, which hurts...

So, goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home