Name:
Location: Adelaide, S.A., Australia

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins

I think I am getting a new tooth. I know! Weird I hear you say, are you not 18!??!?... Well yes, but the truth is that I have still not lost all my baby teeth and according to my orthodontist, I have the most messed up mouth ever. Yep. It Sucks.

In other news, its abso-fucking-lutely freezing.

I am sitting at a table next to a letter from Mercedes informing parents and students about some changes in the structure of the governance of the school... I-N-T-E-R-E-S-T-I-N-G. Not At All.

Ok. Blogs are boring at the moment and I don't know why. Anyway here is a game I stole from some emo people on LJ.
The idea is I pick the first 20 songs in my playlist, write down the opening line of those songs, and you people tell me the name of the songs and who they're by. Some of these I guess you won't get, others are fairly easy. Answers can go in the comments section. I'm giving it two days... If it doesn't happen, I'll post all the answers.

1. 'This may never start, we could fall apart, and I'd be your memory'
2. 'Your lipstick, his collar, don't bother angel, I know exactly what goes on'
3. 'It's the nightlife that gets them off; So desperately they wait for the excuse of love.'
4. 'I was wondering how you're feeling I thought I saw you kneeling and holding your gut last night' ARE YOU READY FOR THE FALLOUT BY FASTBALL (JUAN)
5. 'I leave from softball practice every night, its getting cold but the golden arches light up the way' McDONDALDS GIRL BY GHOST OF THE ROBOT (STEPH)
6. 'Beating heart baby, Baby Is this much for real, beating heart baby, hold me in you arms to feel the beating of your heart baby' BEATING HEART BABY BY HEAD AUTOMATICA (JUAN)
7. 'Turn out the light, just say goodnight, to yourself, may i remind you, when you find you, all alone's when you've got to be strong'
8. 'She said don't, don't let it go to your head, Boys like you are dime a dozen, boys like you are dime a dozen, she said.' YOU'RE SO LAST SUMMER BY TAKING BACK SUNDAY (STEPH)
9. 'So, scream I heard about your message, And how it reeks of your indifference'
10. 'Don't even take a breath, The air is cut with cyanide, In honor of the New Year' JET BLACK NEW YEAR BY THURSDAY (TATE)
11. 'Streetlights look like ribs on my block, I can forget, where I am now...'
12. 'She said, I've gotta be honest, you're wasting your time if you're fishing round here' AS LOVERS GO BY DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL (TATE)
13. 'Alone at last, together in a photograph, Our eyes are always open devoted to perfection through silence'
14. 'Who shot the bullet? That killed the air tonight, without a thought, without a reason, take a gun called hate up against your heart, and pull the trigger' BULLET THEORY BY FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND (TATE)
15. 'Hey there, I Know its hard to feel like i don't care at all'
16. 'It's the tearing sound of love-notes, Drowning out the gray stained windows'
17. 'In my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby' IMAGINARY BY EVANESCENCE (KEL)
18. 'Splintered piece of glass falls in the seat and gets caught, These broken windows, open locks, reminders of the youth we lost ' UNDERSTANDING IN A CAR CRASH BY THURSDAY (TATE)
19. 'It's 12th and Hyde on a Sunday, Feeling like we're gold, And we're nothing short of invincible' REINVENTING YOUR EXIT BY UNDEROATH (STEPH)
20. 'And its all in how you mix the two and it starts just where the light exists' BLUE AND YELLOW BY THE USED (STEPH)
Start guessing!

Thinking about it, I'm guessing most of these won't be guessed, most people don't listen to the same music as me :(

7 Comments:

Blogger Caity said...

That's correct Kel! Well done. Now that gets crossed off!

8:07 PM  
Blogger purple_sneakers said...

Ok...here goes nuffin.

5 = McDonalds Girl by Ghost of the Robot. *does little celebratory tag-dance.

20 =Blue and Yellow (by The Used??) I think...not sure, though.

I think 19 is Reinventing Your Exit by Underoath. Erm...I'm starting to struggle now...

And 8 is You're So Last Summer by Taking Back Sunday. But that's all I've got.

V. impressed that G.O.T.R. featured.

*YAY*

12:08 PM  
Blogger EMBO said...

hullllooooooo! well CLEARLY all those songs are by Hilary Duff and so it is too easy for me to tell what those songs are called. darrrrrrrrr I DONT HAVE A FLIIPPPPIN CLUE!and im mad because i forgot to borrow my library book.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know nothing...NOTHING!!!

I am a very cultured person!!!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok here we go...

10 - Thursday - Jet Black New Year
18 - Thursday - Understanding In A Car Crash
14 - Funeral For A Friend - Bullet Theory
12 - Dashboard Confessional - and i think the song is something to do withs lovers - maybe

2:42 PM  
Blogger angus said...

songs? music? strawberry flavoured computer screen?

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home