Name:
Location: Adelaide, S.A., Australia

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Clancy

Isn't it strange how one look can totally trash your beliefs in who you are and what you stand for? One look.

I was at work today, standing behind the front counter cleaning the display cabinets when a snazzy dark grey sports car pulled up almost directly outside the shop. Out got this gorgeous girl, perfectly made up, in jeans and high boots and a cool jacket. She was tall, and her long curly hair was out and controlled; pretty. As I watched her move around the other side of the car, she looked up at me, and smirked. Suddenly, I knew who she was, and with that one smirk, everything I stand for seemed to fall apart.
She and her mother walked into the cafe next door.

She is the little sister of one of the boys my brother was friends with at primary school. She's about 15. She is a miniature of her mother, who has pushed her all her life. She's a model and is in the Advertiser frequently. She's also a little shit. And has been since she was 5. BUt when she smirked at me, I knew what success meant to her. I definiately wasn't it. I was in a bakery on a Friday afternoon, cleaning.

BUT,



About 20 minutes later, she raced into the store, and said "ummm beesting. and a cream bun" which I proceeded to give her. "Mum thinks I'm in the bathroom thowing up" and then she ate them both, cramming them into her mouth faster than I've ever seen anyone eat. Wiping the cream from her face, with the back of her hand, she smiled, said thanks, and walked back into the cafe.
So maybe everything is not as it seems.


SO tomorrow morning I am off to Sydney for two days. YAY!! I'm excited, I'm going with my mummy and we are going to SHOP :D

2 Comments:

Blogger purple_sneakers said...

This was...a really wicked post, Cait.
I <3 YOU MORE.

6:14 PM  
Blogger PJK said...

As if stuff like that really happens? Amazing.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home