Name:
Location: Adelaide, S.A., Australia

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Australia Unites

black-ribbon
black-ribbon,
originally uploaded by DreamingAquanymphe.
This evening I got home from work to find my dad watching television. This isnt so strange I hear you comment, and you are absolutely right. However the strange part is WHAT my dad was watching. Tonight is the night of 'Australia Unites' an event in Sydney with lots of cool Australian artists, with the exception of the likes of *cough* Guy Sebastien *cough*. Anyways to show our united-ness, this is being telecast on all three commercial tv stations, also on about five different radio stations, I thought 'IMPOSSIBLE to escape from it'. So anyway, I walk inside, to find my dad watching the ABC news....and listening to his iPod whilst making dinner....No sign of 'Australia Unites'. Only my dad. Anyways, I soon made sure this didnt last, as I tuned in. Rove and Bert Newton kissed - that was gross.

They just announced that since 6:30pm (its now 9:47pm), Australia has raised AUS$12 366 204.72
I'm impressed.
No wait, now its $15 198 349.38
Even more impressed

Ok, I am bored now.

I promise to blog tomorrow, before I go on a TWO WEEK HOLIDAY!!! Hell yes!!
Maybe, if I'm lucky, I might be able to post while I'm in melbourne, that would be cool!

Okies

Seeya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home