Name:
Location: Adelaide, S.A., Australia

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Oh How I Wish To Dream Again

Ok, so the cool post about Lorne Melbourne Trip has past, I had fun, thats pretty much all you need to know.

In the mean time, lots of other cool stuff has been happening. On Wednesday it was Australia Day, and to show our patriotism, we had a Triple J Hottest 100 BBQ at Jo's house. It was an awesome day, with swimming, and tennis, and food, and good music. As predicted by most Franz Ferdinands' 'Take Me Out' came in at No. 1 by a landslide. But I was pretty impressed by the entire top 10, which shaped up something like this -
THE TOP 10:

1 franz ferdinand - take me out
2 missy higgins - scar
3 eskimo joe - from the sea
4 the killers - somebody told me
5 spiderbait - black betty
6 missy higgins - ten days
7 john butler trio - something's gotta give
8 little birdy - beautiful to me
9 powderfinger - bless my soul
10 the white stripes - jolene (live)

On Thursday I met Emo in town and we shopped til we dropped, not really, we bought close to nothing and dropped within 2 hrs. We sat on the ground in Rundle Mall waiting for Jesskah to arrive, and received so many pitying stares, it was uncanny. Jess arrived and we stayed put on the ground fro another half hour. One guy walked past and rudely commented "Don't you have a home to go to?" to which Emo promptly replied "Well, actually no." It was hilarious, the look on his face.
The three of us, headed down the mall, trying to decide what to do for dinner. We came to the conclusion that Quiznos Subs must be sampled. However when we got there, they had closed and the people were inside mopping the floors. To this, we made our way accross the road in a very purposeful manner and went into Subway. Note to Quiznos people, if you want to be in competition with Subway, you have to be OPEN...Alot!

After dinner we met Kel and Pat at the movies to view Closer, a very strange film indeed. Although Pat seemed to disagree with me, I thought it was a movie for men, by a man. The women end up feeling like shit. There was a 10 minute scene set in a strip club, I saw way too much of Natalie Portman and not enough of Jude Law, only a semi second of him topless, and he was sideways! This is not why I wanted to see the movie, I promise.

Last night there was a Buffy shindig at Steph's. It was great, Buffy is so awesome. There was much discussion over Spikes sexiness...I mean...Goodness, and who could forget the Evil Trio. hehe
It was Buff-tastic indeed, and should be a regular occurance!

After all that exciting stuff, today is a bit of a let down, I must go and clean my room.
Parentals are going out tonight, thank god.

Peace
-->Cait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home