Name:
Location: Adelaide, S.A., Australia

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Coz I can’t make it on my own, so cut my wrists and black my eyes

MY QUIZ: Many people got my favourite colour wrong... To all those people who put black... yeah obviously I love black... and white... but they aren't colours people! Hate to get you on a technicality but... they are SHADES :p

EMO-GOTH'S: Before I left for Middleton, I posted this thread on a forum, just to see what kind of response it got... if you're interested click on the link...

  • Emo-Goth Thread
  •   

    CHEAPSKATE SHOPPING: is great. On Saturday morning, my brother and I went down to the local Salvo's to look around... I bought $6 Chuck's that are custom decorated, and Angus bought a $1 old Mercedes tie that he's going to wear to school in winter, its awesomely tiny and cute :D

    MATT"S 18th: was held at his place on Saturday night. Much drinking and smoking occurred, with two of the usual suspects trying their hand at the latter. So unattractive. The 'Emo-Goths' sat around burning stuff, scaring poor Peanut with fire and trying to brand him, discussing awesome music, even though Tate may sometimes disagree :P We also laughed at Matt trying to jump over a broom... Illmo found it highly amusing to poke me repeatedly in the back with a stick and even when completely PARO, Matt can still play the guitar better than anyone I know... Amazing!

    GRINSPOON: were awesome but I am uber sore. I got bitten by a spider... I think, either way I have a big welt on my leg and it is ouchy. I also have a massive blister on the back of my foot, and bruises everywhere. Moshpits and asthma don't mix... But it was totally worth it. SHIHAD and The COPS went off and the first band, GRAND FATAL were okay, still a little shaky on the stage presence thing... GRINNERS played the good songs off the new album, including Hold On Me :D As well as old faves from New Detention and Guide To Better Living. It was great.

    THREE DOLLARS: I saw this acclaimed Australian film on Monday night. I liked the movie, even though the ending was rather ambiguous. The acting was great, especially that of the little girl NAME. She is the little girl from that ad that says "Don't Chop The Dinosaur Daddy!" For someone so young, she was quite extraordinary, especially in one particular scene. I don't really like the way most Australian films are shot, somehow they come off quite amateurish and choppy, and this one was the same, thought it was not too tragic.


    I Don't Want To Fall To Pieces
    I Just Want To Sit And Stare At You
    I Don’t Wanna Talk About It
    And I Don’t Want A Conversation
    I Just Want To Cry In Front Of You
    I Don’t Want To Talk About It


    There's A Space Between Valleys
    I Try Catch Your Eye
    Make A Circle Square
    A Rectangle Curve
    You Smile As A Noun
    And I Think Like A Verb

    TIGHT-ARSE PUNK TUESDAY at The Gov: We missed the first act due to dinner being late coz I was talking to Jesskah on the phone and then Jess getting lost on the way, and trying not to run over a cat, but I heard that they weren't that great, so I don't care... The second act, Blow Up Betty were on when we entered. They are an all girl four piece punk rock band from Adelaide, and I thought they were really good, I was very impressed... Even if the Blackwood Boys were less so...
    Local band Liability Of My Own were on next and it was cool coz Angus and I had spoken to the bassist on Saturday :) They were really good, and the lead singer was very pretty... despite being somewhat retarded... he managed to break the drums in the first 30 seconds :D... but still cool.
    Angela's Dish from NSW were awesome and seemed genuinely happy to be playing. And the headlining act STR were also good, but the lead singer was a little whiny no matter WHAT Simon said :p
    It was an awesome night, so many pretty boys, great music, good atmosphere, slightly dampened by the appearance of Annoying Girl from EVERY SINGLE CONCERT I SEEM TO GO TO!!!! Grrr
    Anyways, I shall be going again, I suggest some of you join me...

    UNI: Is back on again, and sucking more than usual because I have assignments due that I haven't done because I totally slacked off during the holidays... sorry 'Teaching Break'... Plus it's just boring! Except for right now, because I am sitting on the top floor of the library and if I look out the window, I can see all the tree tops and the beautiful blue sky... It looks pretty awesome, and I am not working, I am writing this while listening to a splendid playlist consisting of many of my favourite artists... so you can imagine the bliss pounding through my ears right now, I shall reveal to you the names of some of these artists... AFI, Allister, The Caesar's, Dashboard Confessional, Evanescence, Foreshore, Good Charlotte, Greenday, Hawthorne Heights, Jimmy Eat World, John Butler Trio, Mest, My Chemical Romance, Puddle Of Mudd, Something Corporate, Story Of The Year, Three Days Grace, and The Used... In no particular order ... *Rolls eyes* ... *cough* Stupid OCD *cough*

    ... Damn... Since being here in the library 'studying' I have written 400 words for my little blog... and only 180 for the assignment that is DUE TOMORROW!... Stupid Uni... Man, if I had a dollar for every time I muttered 'Stupid Uni...' I would be so rich, so rich in fact that I could bribe the uni board to just give me my degree now... well, I would at least have enough money to stop asking my parents for money... Damn work, damn paying tax... damn me being poor...

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home